All inquiries should be directed to email@example.com.
In general, Verst engineering is looking to hire candidates who:
- Are strong software engineers -- comfortable reading, writing, and reviewing code, and comfortable building from scratch or working in established code bases.
- Are looking for a professional challenge and excited about working with other top-notch developers.
- Want to take ownership of and responsibility for significant projects at Verst.
- Know and follow software engineering best practices but aren't dogmatic about them.
- Ideally (but not necessarily) have strong backgrounds in either computer science or another technical or quantitative field.
- Are fun to work with, and at least a little quirky.
We're hiring backend / data engineers at all levels of experience. For this role, we're specifically looking for
- Deep knowledge of at least one compiled language.
- Familiarity with algorithm complexity and design.
- Experience building distributed systems to handle large amounts of data.
- (bonus) Functional programming experience. We're a Scala shop! (Previous Scala experience not required.)
- (bonus) Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, or (ideally) Spark
- (bonus) Experience with natural language processing and/or text classification.
- (bonus) Experience with Kubernetes
For this role we're specifically looking for
- 3+ Years developing and releasing iOS apps.
- Proficiency in Objective-C, Apple frameworks, and Cocoa design patterns.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the UIKit framework, view layout and animations.
- An eye for design and a passion for delivering high quality, beautiful user experiences.
For this role, we're specifically looking for
- Prior experience in a product management role (2-4+ years experience).
- Experience developing user experiences.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Creative Suite or similar experience for reading, dissecting, and creating a variety of SVG and bitmap assets.
- (bonus) Technical or design background